One day the Lord told Abraham that He was going to destroy Sodom.
Abraham asked Him if He would destroy it if there were righteous
people living there. The Lord said that He would not destroy it
if ten righteous people were living there.
Two angels went to Sodom. They found that the city was very wicked.
They did not find ten righteous people, but they helped Lot and
his family escape before destroying Sodom and Gomorrah.
The angels told Lot that he could go live in Zoar. But they could
not stay in the plain nor look back.
On the way to Zoar, Lot's wife disobeyed God. She looked back and
was turned into a pillar of salt.
After Lot arrived in Zoar with his two daughters, the Lord rained
brimstone and fire. All of the people and the plants were destroyed
because of the people's wickedness.
1. What did the Lord tell Abraham?
2. Did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
3. Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
4. Did the Lord save Lot and his family?
5. What happened to Lot's wife?
6. Why was Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt?
7. Should we obey God?